We call the attention of all democratic forces and the international community to ongoing plot by the Federal Government and the All Progressive Congress (APC) to subvert this month’s governorship election in Osun State. We note with clear warning to all anti-democratic forces that evil plots designed to rig and foist a rejected candidate of the APC on the state will fail woefully.
In a press statement signed on 9th September, 2018 by Olawale Rasheed,
Director, Media and Publicity, to Ademola Adeleke Governorship Campaign Organisation, stating that In the last two weeks, brazen subversive decisons and steps have been taken by the APC targeted at undermining the will of the people long before election day. In an advanced system of rigging, the ruling party is executing electoral manipulations even before the polling day.
The systemic manipulative plots cover the entire gamut of the electoral process and we list them as follows:
1. The open purchase of PVC with payment of ten thousand naira (N10,000) each to unsuspecting voters. The goal is to clone and deploy false data in favour of APC candidate.
2. The diversion of unclaimed PVCs for unsavoury activities by APC cyber team.
3. The appointment of openly known APC sympathisers as returning officers.
4.The peopling of state INEC top team with APC operatives.
5. Plans to disenfranchise zones and areas known to be strongholds of the opposition.
6. Open vote buying like the one led by the Vice President of the Republic under the guise of business support funding.
7. Open inducement of traditional and religious institutions by top leaders of APC.
8. Secret payment of close to N17 billion to the state government from the Paris Fund for election purposes.
9. Diversion of state government funds for election purposes leading to the resignation of the Accountant General.
10. Open deployment of political thugs to haunt members of the opposition among other evil schemes plotted to remain in power at all cost.
Olawale Rasheed, in his statement, We listed all the above to serve as a reminder to all democratic forces that the APC is plotting to plunge Osun and the nation into avoidable mayhem. Osun voters having been oppressed and exploited for the past eight years are not ready to succumb to any manipulation of the polls.
We therefore call on men of conscience nationwide and internationally to call the APC government to order. We remind agents of electoral violence and rigging that our history in Osun State does not look kindly on election riggers.
We also call on the international community to take judicious note of our evidence based alarm. As Osun State is the cradle of Yoruba race of South Western Nigeria, any tampering with Osun polls may have consequences beyond the state.
The minimum we request is that the will of the electorate be respected and that the electoral umpire and security agencies remain fair and neutral before, during and after the poll.
To Osun people, we call for eternal vigilance. Speak out against suspicious activities in your areas. Reject attempt to manipulate this election before, during and after the polls.
God bless our dear state.
36total visits,1visits today