Police arrest 3 over assassination of Hector, Guilder Ultimate search winner

LAGOS— Three suspects have been arrested by the Lagos
State Police Command over last Sunday’s assassination of
Hector Oluwaseun Jobarteh, winner of the 2006 Gulder
Ultimate Search, GUS, reality TV, Season 3.
Jobarteh was shot dead by unknown gunmen at his
residence in New Oko-Oba, area of Lagos State.
The new Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Mr. Imohimi
Edgal, yesterday, said three persons are being interrogated
over the killing of Jobarteh, a father of one, who was
reportedly trailed to his house and shot dead.

Late Hector Oluwaseun Jobarteh

According to reports, he had just got back from picking up
his younger brother from Muritala Muhammed International
Airport, Lagos, when the incident occurred.
It was gathered that the gunmen reportedly knocked on his
neighbour’s door downstairs and asked who the car parked
outside belonged to.
When she told them the occupant stays upstairs, they
stormed his apartment and shot him.
His wife was reportedly in the United States of America
when the incident occurred, but it is not clear if she had
been informed of the death of her husband.
The late Jobarteh’s wife is said to be also a former GUS
contestant, who just moved to New Jersey to have their
second child.
Hector Jobarteh was said to have returned to Nigeria in
When late Hector Jobarteh won the 2006 Season 3 GUS,
held in Benin, Edo State, he went home with the grand prize
of N5 million and a Ford Explorer SUV.
Since winning the reality TV competition, Hector has
maintained a low profile.


Giving insight into how the incident happened, Edgal, Lagos
Police boss told Vanguard : “Some yet-to-be identified
hoodlums, pretending to be friends of the deceased, gained
access into the apartment of Hector Jobarteh, 38, in the
presence of his brother, one Victor Joberteh, at 8,
Olufowora Close, New Oke-Oba.
“They shot the said Hector on the chest without any
dialogue and fled from the scene.
“The Divisional Police Officer and a team of policemen
quickly rushed to the scene after a distress call and the
victim was rushed to a nearby hospital, where he died.
“Nothing was removed from his house. The corpse was
taken to Orile/Agege Hospital morgue for autopsy.
Enquiries carried out from neighbours revealed that the
deceased may have been a victim of business transaction
that went sour.
“To us, this is a clear case of murder and all angles are
being investigated. I want to use this opportunity to assure
the family and indeed, Lagosians that the police will use
every asset at its disposal to ensure that perpetrators of this
heinous act are not only brought to book, but diligently

127total visits,1visits today

Leave a Reply