The traditional rulers of the South East and South South regions are currently meeting in a Seminar in Awka, Anambra State that raises hopes of stronger ties between the diverse cultural groups in the old Eastern Region.
This is the first time in several decades that the traditional rulers of both regions would be meeting under one roof to discuss issues of common interest.
Led by the Chairman of South East Traditional Rulers Council, the Obi of Onitsha, Igwe Nnaemeka Achebe, the Seminar holds under the theme, “Igbo Nwelu Eze: Perspectives on the Traditional Institution in Ani Igbo.”
The Seminar seeks to cast a beam of light on the nebulous issue of leadership among several other important issues in the old Eastern Region.
Attending this historic Seminar from outside Anambra State are…
1. HRM, King Dandeson Jaja, Amanyanabo of Opobo, Chairman, Rivers State Traditional Rulers Council
2. HRM, King Alfred Diette-Spiff, Amanyanabo of Town-Brass, Chairman, Bayelsa State Traditional Rulers Council
3. His Eminence, Edidem Ekpo Okon Abasi
Obong of Calabar
4. His Eminence, Ntiyem Solomon Daniel Etuk, Oku Ibom Ibibio, Paramount Ruler of Nsit Ubiu LGA
5. HRM, Igwe Amb Lawrence Agubuzu
Chairman, Enugu State Traditional Rulers Council
6. HRM, Igwe Charles Mkpuma
Chairman Ebonyi State Traditional Rulers Council
7. HRM, Eze Samuel Agunwa Ohiri
Chairman, Imo State Traditional Rulers Council
8. HRM, Eberechi Dick
Chairman, Abia State Traditional Rulers Council…
314total visits,1visits today